Blog


Zisterzienserkloster Dobrilugk Cistercian Monastery

0 Bewertungen 0 von 5 (0)
0
0
0
0
0
Wie hat dir der Aufenthalt gefallen? Du hast deinen Aufenthalt schon bewertet.
ab €
Verfügbarkeit & Preis anzeigen

p.P. = pro Person, p.P./N = pro Person / Nacht, p.E./N = pro Einheit/ Nacht, EZ = Einzelzimmer, DZ = Doppelzimmer, FeWo = Ferienwohnung oder -haus, App. = Appartement, Suite = Suite, FR = Frühstück, HP = Halbpension, VP = VollPension
The impressive Klosterkirche St. Marien monastery church in particular, which formed part of the former Cistercian monastery, can still be admired today. The abbey itself was founded in 1165 and it took another 68 years until the church was consecrated in 1228. The number of properties belonging to the monastery grew rapidly in the years after it was founded. In 1373, for example, the abbey owned 40 villages and five monastic farms.
aufklappeneinklappen
The monastery was significantly involved in the expansion of the region during the Middle Ages: Lowlands were drained, forests were cleared, farmland was created and villages were established. However, the decline of the monastery began at the end of the 14th century. The monks could no longer find any new blood and in 1431 the monastery was looted by the Hussites. Finally, many monks left the monastery at the beginning of the Reformation at the start of the 16th century and embarked on a new path. The Saxon Elector Johann Friedrich moved into the monastery in 1541 and the convent dispersed.

A hunting lodge was erected instead of the abbey in 1550. A new period of prosperity only emerged in the middle of the 17th century: from 1664 onwards, the town of Dobrilugk was established under a short branch of the Wettin dynasty – at that time like today, only the church building was a reminder of its past history as a monastery. The monastery church is now a venue for numerous events. In the castle there is a museum on regional history, amongst other things.
aufklappeneinklappen
The impressive Klosterkirche St. Marien monastery church in particular, which formed part of the former Cistercian monastery, can still be admired today. The abbey itself was founded in 1165 and it took another 68 years until the church was consecrated in 1228. The number of properties belonging to the monastery grew rapidly in the years after it was founded. In 1373, for example, the abbey owned 40 villages and five monastic farms.
aufklappeneinklappen
The monastery was significantly involved in the expansion of the region during the Middle Ages: Lowlands were drained, forests were cleared, farmland was created and villages were established. However, the decline of the monastery began at the end of the 14th century. The monks could no longer find any new blood and in 1431 the monastery was looted by the Hussites. Finally, many monks left the monastery at the beginning of the Reformation at the start of the 16th century and embarked on a new path. The Saxon Elector Johann Friedrich moved into the monastery in 1541 and the convent dispersed.

A hunting lodge was erected instead of the abbey in 1550. A new period of prosperity only emerged in the middle of the 17th century: from 1664 onwards, the town of Dobrilugk was established under a short branch of the Wettin dynasty – at that time like today, only the church building was a reminder of its past history as a monastery. The monastery church is now a venue for numerous events. In the castle there is a museum on regional history, amongst other things.
aufklappeneinklappen

Anreiseplaner

Schlossplatz

03253 Doberlug-Kirchhain

Wetter Heute, 17. 8.

16 16
Leichter Regen

  • Dienstag
    14 19
  • Mittwoch
    14 23

Prospekte

Touristinfo

Tourismusverband Elbe-Elster-Land e.V.

Schlossplatz 1
03253 Doberlug-Kirchhain

Tel.: 035322-6888516
Fax: 035322-6888518

Wetter Heute, 17. 8.

16 16
Leichter Regen

  • Dienstag
    14 19
  • Mittwoch
    14 23

Alle Informationen, Zeiten und Preise werden regelmäßig geprüft und aktualisiert. Trotzdem können wir für die Richtigkeit der Daten keine Gewähr übernehmen. Wir empfehlen Ihnen, vor Ihrem Besuch telefonisch / per E-Mail oder über die Internetseiten des Anbieters den aktuellen Stand zu erfragen.

Anruf bei der TMB Urlaubshotline unter 0331-200 47 47 (+49) 0331 2004747 Wir sind telefonisch für dich da: werktags Mo-Fr 9-13 Uhr und am 31.10. 10-13 Uhr.

Vielen Dank für deinen Besuch auf www.reiseland-brandenburg.de

Diese Webseite wurde auf dem technisch aktuellsten Stand entwickelt. Leider benutzt du einen Browser, der nicht den technischen Anforderungen entspricht.

Wir bitten dich daher einen alternativen Browser (z.B. Google Chrome, Firefox oder Edge) zu verwenden und wünschen dir weiterhin viel Spaß auf unserer Webseite.

Logo www.reiseland-brandenburg.de