Blog


Kreuzkirche Church Spremberg

0 Bewertungen 0 von 5 (0)
0
0
0
0
0
Wie hat dir der Aufenthalt gefallen? Du hast deinen Aufenthalt schon bewertet.
ab €
Verfügbarkeit & Preis anzeigen

p.P. = pro Person, p.P./N = pro Person / Nacht, p.E./N = pro Einheit/ Nacht, EZ = Einzelzimmer, DZ = Doppelzimmer, FeWo = Ferienwohnung oder -haus, App. = Appartement, Suite = Suite, FR = Frühstück, HP = Halbpension, VP = VollPension
The renovated Kreuzkirche church dates back to Spremberg’s earliest beginnings. The oldest part of the church is the lower part of the tower with 2.60-metre-thick walls dating from the 13th century. The formerly free-standing tower was incorporated into the three-nave late-Gothic church completed in 1509. The octagonal baroque tower was donated by Duke Henry of Sachsen-Merseburg in 1732, after the previous tower was completely destroyed in a fire in 1705.
aufklappeneinklappen
  • Eingang, Foto: Laila Wentworth, Lizenz: Laila Wentworth
  • Altar in der Kreuzkirche Spremberg, Foto: Alexander Adam
  • Justitia von 1732 an der Ratsherrenloge in der Kreuzkirche Spremberg
  • Innenraum in der Kreuzkirche Spremberg, Foto: Laila Wentworth, Lizenz: Laila Wentworth
  • Kreuzkirche Spremberg, Foto: Alexander Adam
The focal point is the altar. Elaborately painted and carved, it was donated by the lord of the castle and patron of the church, Seyfried von Kittlitz, in 1660. The altar is said to contain a splinter from the cross of Jesus, explaining how the “Church of the Holy Cross” – today called the “Kreuzkirche” – got its name.

On the north side is the alderman’s box from 1680 with the ceiling painting of the goddess Justitia from 1732. Above it is the lords’ and patrons’ lodge, built around 1692 when the Dukes of Saxony-Merseburg took control of Spremberg.

The coloured lead glass windows were donated by citizens of Spremberg and were installed between 1896 and 1919. The pulpit is a work of the baroque period, more precisely 1732. The pictures on the galleries with motifs from the New Testament and the baptismal font date from 1835. The baptismal font was made by a master craftsman from Spremberg and displays the town coat of arms on one side. In 1898 the Kreuzkirche received its present organ. It has 30 stops and around 2000 pipes.

Event tip: Spremberg Music Summer
aufklappeneinklappen
The renovated Kreuzkirche church dates back to Spremberg’s earliest beginnings. The oldest part of the church is the lower part of the tower with 2.60-metre-thick walls dating from the 13th century. The formerly free-standing tower was incorporated into the three-nave late-Gothic church completed in 1509. The octagonal baroque tower was donated by Duke Henry of Sachsen-Merseburg in 1732, after the previous tower was completely destroyed in a fire in 1705.
aufklappeneinklappen
  • Eingang, Foto: Laila Wentworth, Lizenz: Laila Wentworth
  • Altar in der Kreuzkirche Spremberg, Foto: Alexander Adam
  • Justitia von 1732 an der Ratsherrenloge in der Kreuzkirche Spremberg
  • Innenraum in der Kreuzkirche Spremberg, Foto: Laila Wentworth, Lizenz: Laila Wentworth
  • Kreuzkirche Spremberg, Foto: Alexander Adam
The focal point is the altar. Elaborately painted and carved, it was donated by the lord of the castle and patron of the church, Seyfried von Kittlitz, in 1660. The altar is said to contain a splinter from the cross of Jesus, explaining how the “Church of the Holy Cross” – today called the “Kreuzkirche” – got its name.

On the north side is the alderman’s box from 1680 with the ceiling painting of the goddess Justitia from 1732. Above it is the lords’ and patrons’ lodge, built around 1692 when the Dukes of Saxony-Merseburg took control of Spremberg.

The coloured lead glass windows were donated by citizens of Spremberg and were installed between 1896 and 1919. The pulpit is a work of the baroque period, more precisely 1732. The pictures on the galleries with motifs from the New Testament and the baptismal font date from 1835. The baptismal font was made by a master craftsman from Spremberg and displays the town coat of arms on one side. In 1898 the Kreuzkirche received its present organ. It has 30 stops and around 2000 pipes.

Event tip: Spremberg Music Summer
aufklappeneinklappen

Anreiseplaner

Kirchplatz 5

03130 Spremberg

Wetter Heute, 17. 8.

16 17
Leichter Regen

  • Dienstag
    14 20
  • Mittwoch
    14 18

Touristinfo

Tourismusverband Lausitzer Seenland e.V.

Am Stadthafen 2
01968 Senftenberg

Tel.: 03573-725300-0
Fax: 03573-725300-9

Wetter Heute, 17. 8.

16 17
Leichter Regen

  • Dienstag
    14 20
  • Mittwoch
    14 18

Alle Informationen, Zeiten und Preise werden regelmäßig geprüft und aktualisiert. Trotzdem können wir für die Richtigkeit der Daten keine Gewähr übernehmen. Wir empfehlen Ihnen, vor Ihrem Besuch telefonisch / per E-Mail oder über die Internetseiten des Anbieters den aktuellen Stand zu erfragen.

Anruf bei der TMB Urlaubshotline unter 0331-200 47 47 (+49) 0331 2004747 Wir sind telefonisch für dich da: werktags Mo-Fr 9-13 Uhr und am 31.10. 10-13 Uhr.

Vielen Dank für deinen Besuch auf www.reiseland-brandenburg.de

Diese Webseite wurde auf dem technisch aktuellsten Stand entwickelt. Leider benutzt du einen Browser, der nicht den technischen Anforderungen entspricht.

Wir bitten dich daher einen alternativen Browser (z.B. Google Chrome, Firefox oder Edge) zu verwenden und wünschen dir weiterhin viel Spaß auf unserer Webseite.

Logo www.reiseland-brandenburg.de